CSF1TZ - support
The Candeo Smartfoss can be paired with Smartthings using a custom Device Type Handler. Please note that this is considered for advanced users only. You must be familiar with the Smartthings IDE, and the use of custom Device Handlers.
To pair with Smartthings using the IDE and a custom device handler:
- Login to the Smartthings IDE at https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
- Select your location under the “My Locations” tab.
- Select “My Device Handlers”.
- Select “Create New Device Handler”
- Select “From Code”
- Download this ZIP file and copy the code from this text file, and then paste it into the box. Select “Create”
- Put your Candeo Smartfoss in pairing mode by pushing the button for 3 seconds.
- Using the Smartthings app, choose to add a new device and Scan for Nearby Devices.
Smartthings should recognise the device as a Smartfoss Tap Control, which you can rename if you wish.
If the Smartthings app presents the new device as a “Thing” you will need to login in to the IDE and change the device type to “Candeo Smartfoss 1.1”.
Instructions for installing and using an Edge driver will be coming soon.
Please note that Smartthings Edge drivers are still in Beta, and results may vary.